She has been lifting up one side of her body since she was 2 weeks old but hadn't done much else during her tummy time. I was so surprised she did that so early but then got impatient and decided maybe she wouldn't roll over early. She was just working hard on her head control, however, and has made great progress there. I put her in the bumbo at 7 weeks and she held her head up and sat mesmerized at the new world of sitting up!

Isabelle at 7 weeks old and quite groggy in the early morning!
She has been getting more adept at holding her head up on my chest as she rests her little elbows and looks at me with pride!!! I guess she was working on her rolling over muscles during her tummy times and our little exercise sessions because today I put her down to play for 10 minutes or so then switched her to her tummy and she immediately lifted her left side and then rolled over!!! Luckily I quickly grabbed my phone and yelled for Dylan so we got to see our Angel perform! I think she was going for the kitty I put in front of her....she kept staring at it and rolling over all day!
I took this at 7 am after about 4.5 hours of sleep combined...so that is the reason I say it is December 29....For the record it is November 29 and I am seriously sleep deprived. Who knows what other goofy things I say and do and don't realize!
That is soo good!!! And SO funny you are a whole month off. The excitement mixed with no sleep can do that to you. I am JUST now getting a full nights sleep....I hope yours is a better sleeper than mine, haha.
ReplyDelete