Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 26: The Baby Bump

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Fruit/Veggie: English Hothouse Cucumber

Size: Approximately 14 inches long and 1 2/3 pound


Baby changes:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.


Best Moment this week: Baby Girl did some major moving! I was sitting down and all of a sudden I see this wave of motion ripple across my belly. It looked just like the science videos of concrete bridges waving during earthquakes! It was a definite alien moment!!!

Movement: I have one energetic girl on my hands. She definitely gets tired like her Mommy and Daddy, but I am really curious to see how this energy translates in the outside-of-the-womb world!

Food Craving: No food cravings this week. I am just not as hungry lately, which is a nice development! Sometimes eating feels like a task!

What I miss: I still love being pregnant at this point, and I am so thankful for that.

Sleep: I have been waking up some in the night but I think its because I am fighting a cold or something. I just nap later that day!

What I am looking forward to: Finding baby bedding, but I think I am too particular. I have fabric swatches to make her bedding if I don't find any but it would be nice to buy at least part of it!

Symptoms: My back hurts some because I keep moving on my back in the middle of the night---oops!

Baby Bump Week 26:



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I would like you to know it took major heroics to get these pics taken because Dylan kept sitting down to snap them and giving me double chins!!! Plus I am just super picky :) The last pic I look weird in but I thought it was the best shot of the Little Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look adorable, Katherine! Love the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!!! Addison was in constant motion in my tummy and outside the womb? She has been one of the most active babies since the moment she was born. Even her doctor has always thought she was way active for her age. This also means SHE SLEEPS GREAT :)

    You really do look adorable! Reminds me of when you had to play a prego lady in a play :) Ahhh good times good times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I am so glad to hear Miss Addison sleeps great because I am definitely worried about that!

    The lovely pregnancy suit...I wish I only had extra cushion in my belly now that I am for real pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete