How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Fruit/Veggie: Like a head of Cauliflower
Size: Approximately 14 1/2inches long and about 2 pounds
Baby changes:She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
Best Moment this week: The day my niece, Lisa's youngest, asked me how I knew when I was going to have the baby (as in go into labor)....she asked "Does an alarm go off?"! What a clever little girl :)
Movement: She is still kicking and moving like crazy. She likes to hangout diagonally and kick me on my upper right side. I just hope she gets into a good position when it gets closer to D-Day. Luckily my birth instructor told me about http://www.spinningbabies.com just in case Baby Girl decides to be stubborn and stay in a bad position!
Food Craving: I don't have any major cravings still. I actually feel a little more in control of my hunger/eating. It is so nice to be able to eat more like my pre-pregnancy days, which means a lot more peanut butter in my life!
What I miss: I don't really miss anything. I am just thankful for a healthy pregnancy and hope I can feel this content for the next 12 weeks!
Sleep: I seem to be sleeping a little better this week,although I would not say I slept poorly last week! I am just not waking up multiple times in the night!
What I am looking forward to: Holding my baby girl and playing dress-up with her! I was not one to quickly give up playing dress-up and dolls. In fact my best friend growing up and her sisters had the coolest set-up for their dolls/barbies. They would spend all Saturday creating real-looking food with clay and paint, which only encouraged me to play with barbies and dolls for a long time, and then they would create this make-believe world in their closets. Somehow every storyline always followed the plot lines of Days of Our Lives, Marlena with amnesia etc etc!
Symptoms: I have had a major case of pregnancy brain this week. It is so bizarre! I told Dylan I played the memory game and my 10 year old niece beat me to which he replies, " You let her beat you though..." I wish that were true :)
Baby Bump Week 27:
I really need to take pictures at the beginning of the day instead of the end. I look tired and I had sweated (is that a word?) off all my makeup!
YAY! You look beautiful, cute blouse:).
ReplyDelete