Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 33: The Baby Bump

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 33 Weeks

Fruit/Veggie: Pineapple (for weight)??

Size: Approximately 17-19 inches long and over 4 pounds (my updates keep giving me conflicting measurement approximations)


Baby changes:
This week your baby is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. The next few weeks will mark lots of growth in the baby. She will gain more than half its birth weight in the next seven weeks. Baby begins to move less now as it runs out of room and curls up with knees bent, chin resting on chest and arms and legs crossed. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Best Moment this week: I was sitting on the couch next to Dylan and he had to "boost" me up....needless to say it is getting harder to get in and out of chairs etc lately :)
P.S. By boost I mean push me up onto my feet...we laughed so hard. Him at me for the obvious reasons and me at him because he started pushing me up without any prompting.

Movement: She is still a little mover although I have noticed the movements are different. I guess she is starting to run out of room! She is still in the same position and loves to kick me on the right side of my belly, but still no kicks to the ribs yet! I think I have a thoughtful little girl because she could reach them if she wanted :)

Food Craving: No strong cravings really. I do kind of crave Italian food. Pasta, pizza, dessert any Italian food sounds nice :) My heart burn is getting worse so I also like ice cream and all things dairy.

What I miss: My cute clothes and being able to see! The belly is blocking my view!

Sleep: My sleep has gotten even better! For a while now I have had an insane amount of bathroom breaks in the middle of the night, but they seem to have stopped! Most nights I have been sleeping all night long and very soundly---I am so thankful! Let's just hope baby girl is a sleeper like her mom and dad!

What I am looking forward to: Holding my sweet baby girl!

Symptoms: I am still swelling off and on but it is just my feet and my hands and only when I have been overdoing it! My heartburn has now made me have coughing fits!!! I feel bad for people who have this all the time! I had a puke0free week---Praise God!!!!


Baby Bump Week 33:

I took this picture then the next day she grew or something because all of a sudden I started getting the torpedo belly....see below!



She felt so big that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment