How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Fruit/Veggie: Cantaloupe
Size: Approximately 18-19 inches long and 4 3/4 - 5 pounds
Baby changes: Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. She is probably settling into the head-down position, although it might not be final. Organs are now almost fully mature, except for lungs, and the skin is pink instead of red. Fingernails reach the ends of fingers, but toenails are not yet fully grown. She might have lots of hair. Movements are less frequent because of the tight fit.
Best Moment this week: When Dylan felt and saw her foot drag across my belly...he looked at me like he was in complete and total shock! I was like "Babe she does that all the time...probably several times a day. How have you Not NOTICED THAT!!"
Another favorite moment was when Dylan was leaving for work and he kissed me goodbye and saw Baby girl simultaneously kick my upper right side and punch my lower left side...which made my whole belly shake! His eyes got as big as saucers and he started talking about all the sports she was going to play....I hope he knows she can play sports but she might ALSO want to do Ballet or something!
Movement: I had a couple days when she was not moving as much which totally freaked me out, but she still moved so they said everything was fine! She just usually kicks and punches and shakes her body and those days she just sort of shifter around. She returned to her energetic self and still makes me laugh every day at her spastic movements!
Food Craving: Water....I am so thirsty lately! Usually I get tired of plain old water but this week it is just not so.
What I miss: Pineapple... sweet glorious pineapple! I still can't eat it because it will make me throw up. I can hardly bare to glance at the beautiful mounds of pineapple in the grocery store with the gleaming sign that reads $1.99...as if it is mocking me. I may just have to buy a pineapple for $3.99 after I have this baby and enjoy every second of it's over-priced goodness!!
Sleep: Glorious sleep...I am still sleeping great! Have I shared that one of my biggest fears about becoming a mom is the sleep deprivation...I don't know how to handle that!!
What I am looking forward to: Finding out what my sweet little one looks like...Dylan...me...someone else...a combo DYlatherine
Symptoms: The swelling monster has come to my door and he wont leave! I have been very mildly swelling since Aug 1. I was christened into the pregnancy sweliing club with square looking feet and botox-bulgy lips and all. Rachel called me Sponge-Katherine-Square-Feet :( On bad days my feet look like squares (they are wide) and my face is quite full....Pregnancy is a humbling experience but such a wonderful one too. I feel so thankful to have a healthy baby growing and thriving inside of me even if she makes me look like I'm all puffed up!
Baby Bump Week 34:
I'm sorry about the swelling but it's not showing at ALL in the pics. Your tummy looks so darling:).
ReplyDelete