Isabelle has officially been introduced to solids. Last week we tried to feed her banana but she was NOT interested after having medicine shoved in her face for two weeks when she was sick. We took a video of all of the hilarious faces she made at the bananas on her tray. If you know me and my sisters than you know the Butler girls "look". Isabelle has it and did she ever give the ooey gooey pile of bananas THE Look!
After following The Baby Book recommendations of introducing bananas first, because it closest to BMilk and using our finger as the "first spoon" I let Dylan give it a try tonight. SUCCESS! It turns out she does not like eating off our fingers at all, but when he stuck that spoon at her mouth she went for it and didn't gag, or anything. She liked it and even started grabbing the spoon and trying to feed herself. She even almost made it into her mouth once.
This is bittersweet for me. I keep reading about the beginning of weaning, and for some reason I never thought of introducing her first foods as weaning. The W word makes me sad. I fought hard to make nursing work and now that I have blinked and she is 6 months old, it makes me so sad that I have to give it up!
I am so NOT interested in changing solid food diapers. It is just so easy to have a b-fed baby now that we worked out all the kinks!
I will try and post the videos of Isabelle's solids session 1 & 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment