Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Baby Bump

Now that I am out of the morning-sickness-with-a-vengeance period of my pregnancy,I finally feel like taking pictures again.

Even the week before I knew I was pregnant I lost my appetite for taking or being in pictures. I should have known something was up! So today I post my first official "Baby Bump" picture(s)!




( I think I look pregnant, and sure feel like it since none of my pants fit and haven't for a little while now, but others don't seem to think so!) Oh well, I know I should be thankful for that--at least they don't think I look MORE pregnant than I am. I am sure I would get offended by that. I know that will probably happen later on too!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Fruit/Veggie: Lemon

Size: Approximately 3.5 inches long and 1.5 ounces in weight

Baby changes: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.


Best Moment this week: Getting to enjoy time with friends and family without throwing up ( except for a few mornings)! I feel like myself again finally!I know Dylan is even happier about this than I am. He is so sweet and patient with me.

Movement: not quite yet but I am DYING to feel something!

Food Craving: Fruit; I haven't been able to eat acidic things because of the morning sickness so I am trying to add back in fruits. The days I get sick again are usually due to the fact that I tried a fruit my tummy wasn't ready for.

What I miss: Eating whatever food I want without having to think about my sensitive tummy!

Sleep: I sleep great morning, day, or night! Baby D does like to wake me up between 5:30-6:00 AM for breakfast. If I don't then I get sick so we have a good routine going!

What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move, Fruit, Gender Reveal Day, being able to eat Chicks Ducks & Bunnies sweetarts without making myself sick(only the best candy ever made--and way better than regular sweetarts)

Symptoms: Morning sickness about every 4 days and some round ligament pains but overall feeling much more like myself now!


I can't wait to track my progress over the next 5.5 months. I was talking to one of my LPM friends, Evangeline, and told her I wish the bump would stay cute the whole pregnancy. She assured me it would not stay cute and little (Oh well) :) I will update with more baby bump pictures every week from here on out (hopefully)!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment