Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 16: The Baby Bump!

I am late posting this week as I will officially be 17 weeks tomorrow but oh well!

We had an eventful weekend including Jackson's 4th Birthday party, our nephew, and Donya's Bridal shower, Dylan's cousin's fiance and our old high school friend! Then on monday I got sick and had to get IV fluids and medicine to stop the throwing up. It was quite a scare for me, but the midwives took great care of me and my mom and Dylan nursed me back to health. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and a saint for a mom to fill-in when the husband is unable to leave work!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Fruit/Veggie: Avocado

Size: Approximately 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces in weight

Baby changes:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Best Moment this week: Attending our first birthing class together! Dylan was really encouraging and asked questions. He is going to keep me in check! He also has not failed to already make the whole birthing coach thing funny. I am thankful for this because I know I will need to laugh during labor. I am pretty sure I picked the BEST COACH ever and I am excited to go to class each week.

Movement: Baby D moved like crazy at Pappasitos on Sunday, I guess we are raising a good Houstonian who loves Pappasitos fajitas!

Food Craving: Custard, eclairs, and cream puffs ( I have controlled myself...mostly)

What I miss:
Having a choice of pants to wear, but instead I wear skirts and dresses!

Sleep: Great!

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender. Apparently Rachel has been predicting a girl, what a wonderful sister she is!

Symptoms: I have been REALLY hungry and thirsty, I think we are playing catch up from Monday.

Baby Bump Week 16: Because I haven't taken a solo picture this week, Baby D and I are going to have Donya join us for the picture :)



Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the maroon dress and I might love it even more with Baby D:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pic of us!! Thanks for letting me share the spotlight with little Baby D! -Donya

    ReplyDelete