Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Fruit/Veggie: Onion
Size: Approximately 5 inches long and 5 ounces in weight
Baby changes: Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop
Best Moment this week: I started worrying because I hadn't felt the baby move in a while (or at least I hadn't noticed it) and then I woke up on Tuesday morning to the most distinctive kick! I never knew I would think being kicked was such a wonderful blessing...but it is! Another great moment was in birthing class when we learned the first of many relaxation techniques, the art of massage! Basically Dylan had to massage me how ever much I wanted throughout our lecture! I am anxiously awaiting week 5 when our "coaches" learn special pregnancy/birth massage techniques!!
Movement: Only the kick from Tuesday but hopefully more soon!
Food Craving: Orange Juice and Custard....Like to the point I wake up eat breakfast and plan to leave the house at 7:30 am to buy milk to make my Atoo's custard :)
What I miss: My waist....this week I have become "short-waisted". I also miss all my bathing suits because NONE OF THEM FIT. Seriously this might deserve its own post because there is a serious lack of bathing suits that have enough support for pregnant girls! I strongly dislike the maternity ones I tried on!
Sleep: Great!
What I am looking forward to: Still excited for the Gender Reveal Day aka Cinco de Mayo!
Symptoms: Still puking...but only once this week. It seriously made me depressed all day because I really am so over hte puking thing! On a more cheerful note, I am still having extreme hunger and thirst! I guess babycenter was right, we are having a growth spurt for sure ( I just hope Baby D is having the growth spurt and not my thighs)!
Baby Bump Week 17:
I love the information and you're so beautiful...really:).
ReplyDeletewow! i am so excited for the both of you!! this is great :)-Justin
ReplyDeleteps. i miss you both very much!
Katherine, you are so pregnant!!! And of course beautiful (I would say the 2nd most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen). My official vote is a boy. Thus sayeth TinTin
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!
ReplyDelete